No, this hasn't become a recipe blog, although I've certainly included a lot about food this week! Earlier I promised to post this recipe with a picture when I made these delicious sweet potato pies. Here it is:
- Cook 2 large sweet potatoes 1 hour in oven at 400 degrees. (I usually boil on top of stove.)
- Peel, mash well; while still hot put 1/2 stick butter on potatoes and stir into mixture.
- Add 1 cup sugar or to your taste; stir well.
- Dash of salt
- 1 tsp or more of cinnamon
- 1 can of biscuits (one per pie). I use Hungry Jack Butter Tasting or sometimes Big Country; or you can make your own dough.
- Roll out biscuit as large as possible and place 1 heaping Tbsp-full of potato per biscuit.
- Fold over like a half moon; pinch with thumb or press with fork to seal
- Cook on medium high in frying pan with 1/2" of canola oil covering bottom of pan.
- Cook three at a time until light brown; sprinkle with 10x sugar.
- Best eaten hot right after cooking (as evidenced by the fact there are only 9 on the platter). :)