Thirteen Things On My Mind Today
- We just found out my mom is coming this weekend. Lots of cleaning to do before she arrives--moms always notice everything!
- The sunshine on the spotty windows tells me they need washing from all the rain these past few days. I'm thankful they are the kind where I can wash the outside from the inside.
- The weeds that have arrived from all the rain need pulling; grass needs mowing, new flower bed near the shed needs to be completed, and the mulch needs to be finished.
- The birds have noticed the feeders are empty I'm sure. I'm not friends with ladders, so someone else needs to do the climbing.
- The newly scrubbed kitchen floor needs to be re-scrubbed. Who knew I'd have dirty delivery men on the floor installing a new dishwasher?
- The weekend's menu needs to be planned. Micah and Elizabeth will be here Sunday in addition to my mom and her husband. The girls are taking over Sunday's cooking for me, but I would be happier helping.
- Groceries need to be bought--watch out Walmart!
- Tomorrow Pepper's stitches get removed; I think she's tired of bumping into the wall with her cone-head.
- Thinking about my sister and doggie Barney visiting sometime this summer. I'm trying to come up with a plan and some neat excursions.
- New neighbors? The five acres to the side and back of us have been sitting empty since we've lived here. This morning we hear bulldozers behind the trees clearing the land. Seems like the country spaces are filling up all too quickly.
- Tom mentioned again the need for us to have all our neighbors over for an ice cream social. I've been putting it off with the wedding excuse, then the allergic reaction excuse, then the July mega-history conference excuse. Let's see, any suggestions on what I could use next? Wait for cooler weather, maybe?
- Some definite prayer requests have been on my mind today. My friend across the country needs lots of prayer support. You don't know her, but strangers can pray for strangers. Pray for Lissa.
- Family--always my family is on my mind. I am blessed with one of the best.