But we did have fun this past week while Granny was here. I heard Mom say she hadn't written a blog post in a looong time with so much going on! Well, this is what I observed these past few days:
- Sarah baked an Easter carrot cake for a customer. I love carrots, so she slipped me some extras. Yummy!
- Hannah sewed some new colorful neckerchiefs for my cousin Barney and mailed them to him for his human's birthday. They're different from the one I'm wearing since he's such a little punk, but they were very nice.
- Mom and Dad's first-met-each-other anniversary was last week, but I don't think they did anything special but errands. Anyway, I didn't get to go with them.
- Micah and Elizabeth came over to eat with us and to see Granny (and me!). Now they're off house hunting in snow country, because on Match Day he found out where they will be living for residency during the next seven years. I won't say where, but I sure will miss them (and Teak!).
- Jonathan has been studying a lot and took a mid-term on Saturday morning. I love it when he comes home to play with me.
- Friends came over for a game afternoon on Saturday. I got LOTS of attention that day!
- Mom took Granny to the Shenandoah Farmers' Market to look at antiques, but I didn't get any old bones from that trip!
- Easter Sunday was lonely for me. I don't go to church, but they're nice enough to have hymns playing while they're gone.
- Yikes! I almost forgot about the water leak in the ceiling right outside my room. It dripped and dripped and made the wall and paint look horrible--at least I could tell from Mom's face that she didn't like it at all. But...just to let you know...I defended my people from those mean ol' repairmen!
- More games...Granny loves Rook, so she played with the girls and Mom and won! And Sarah put a puzzle together with Granny's help while she was here.
- I love the food smells in this house! Sarah made Baked Potato Soup and a Key Lime Pie yesterday while chicken was smelling yummy in the crockpot, but my people won't feed me their food...except carrots. I love carrots.
- I rode in the back of the van with the family when they went to get ice cream at Kline's to celebrate Jonathan's spiritual birthday.
I love the special things we do when company is here! Come back, Granny!
Well, hopefully those humans will return to the blog soon.