Thirteen Random Musings ~ Past, Present, & Future
1. Don't you think it's time for a catching-up post since we've been missing in action on the blog again? Yes, I thought so! Did you miss us?
2. Lots of yard work has been completed this last week (the mulch pile is gone, but I almost need more!), and the garden picket fence project is all done! I love, love, love the new picket fence!!
4. Hannah has been super busy in the garden tilling and preparing the beds; here she is planting a new asparagus bed. We've just discovered this spring that we love this veggie! Now we need patience to wait a few years for the bed to become established.
6. Mother's Day was an excellent time around here! Tom and the girls served breakfast in bed to Granny and me--both of us together in her bed! (No pictures, please!) French Toast and an edible fruit bouquet were the highlights...yummy! Plus, flowers from the garden, pictured above, graced the table.
7. We also enjoyed having guests visiting our home fellowship on Mother's Day, and Tom arranged a special treat for the mothers and grilled steaks and hamburgers for everyone for lunch. Hannah made Bobby Flay's delicious Fra Diavolo BBQ Sauce for basting. Yummy and spicy!
9. Sarah and I attended our Saturday Sampler monthly class this past weekend...and took our completed blocks. That's always a good thing--to go with your homework done! Here's a photo of the Show &Tell portion of the class. It's inspiring to see what other quilters have done!
10. And have we mentioned how much we've missed Jonathan being around the supper table with us for the past week? He's been in Mississippi repairing planes his company sent there to help with the big oil spill. He may be gone another week or two?
11. And have we mentioned how much we'll miss Granny--not only around the table but around the house--when she leaves for my sister's in South Carolina? Hannah and I will drive her down and stay a few days, and Sarah will hold down the fort with Dad and Pepper. We'll get Granny back in August.
12. And Hannah, Tom, and I are gearing up to attend a Photography Boot Camp in northern Virginia with some of the families we met at the recent Hymn Sing. Jonathan had planned to go, and we will miss him participating! Hopefully, we can post about our excursion when we return. Sarah and Granny will hold down the fort with Pepper.