It's time for another update on how I'm doing on my cloth diapers and related items! I ordered extra PUL when I bought it for the diapers so there would be enough for diaper pail liners, zippered wet bags, and a changing pad. Those items are now completed!
Hannah was kind enough to give me an empty grain bucket to use as a pattern to go by for the pail liners, and I think they fit in there just wonderfully. :) I made two, so there would always be a clean one while the used bag is being washed. They have a drawstring closure and can be hung on a hook or doorknob if a pail isn't available.
For the changing pad, I didn't have any pattern or instructions. I just cut out a rectangle of PUL, a rectangle of flannel, and some quilt batting and sewed it together. I sewed dividing lines so there would be four sections, and it makes it easier to fold up. Hopefully it will work well.
Lastly, I made two zippered wet bags - these will be to keep in a diaper bag for out and about changes. The dirty diapers will be safely contained and not soil the inside of the diaper bag! They are simple squares, with a covered zipper near the top.
And finally for the diapers themselves: I've cut out all 70 pocket diaper outer pieces, 70 pocket diaper inner pieces, and 23 fleece covers. I decided to do these in assembly line style to hopefully streamline things a little more and cut down on the time. So far I've only completed the first step - applying the front panel snaps to the pocket diapers, a total of 980 snaps. My hand was sore after finishing!
Now all my diapers are sitting in stacks according to their sizes, patiently waiting for me to get around to sewing them. I've been busy with various other sewing projects and things going on around the house, so I haven't yet made the plunge into full force diaper sewing. Hopefully soon.
That's it for now. I won't bother y'all again until I can show a picture of finished rows of diapers. :)